The Fairmont Empress
|721 Government St, Victoria, BC CA|
Trip Advisor® 4420 reviews
Please Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. OneTravelSource.com, Inc. is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
The Fairmont Empress is in the heart of Victoria, within a 5-minute walk of Maritime Museum of British Columbia and British Columbia Parliament Building. This 4-star hotel is 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from Victoria Bug Zoo and 0.3 mi (0.4 km) from Victoria Harbour.
Make yourself at home in one of the 464 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Cable programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. This Edwardian hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy American cuisine at Q at the Empress, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available daily from 6:30 AM to 11:30 AM for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Victoria? This hotel has 22600 square feet (2100 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle at scheduled times and a cruise ship terminal shuttle.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Accessible bathroom
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Banquet hall
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 22600
- Conference space size (meters) - 2100
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Designated smoking areas
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- In-room accessibility
- Indoor pool
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms - 33
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 8
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Pets allowed
- Picnic area
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Shopping on site
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 464
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Year Built - 1908
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4 PM Check-out time is 11 AM
Hotel Driving Directions
The preferred airport for The Fairmont Empress is Victoria, BC (YYJ-Victoria Intl.) - 24.8 km / 15.4 mi.
Distances are calculated in a straight line from the property’s location to the point of interest or airport and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometre.
Hotel Area Information
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Government Street - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Greater Victoria Visitors & Convention Bureau - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Miniature World - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Maritime Museum of British Columbia - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Royal BC Museum - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Victoria Bug Zoo - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
British Columbia Parliament Building - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
The Robert Bateman Centre - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Victoria Conference Centre - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Victoria Harbour - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Bay Centre - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Bastion Square - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Legislative Assembly of British Columbia - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Helmcken House - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Antique Row - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
The nearest airports are:
Victoria, BC (YWH-Victoria Inner Harbour) - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Victoria, BC (YYJ-Victoria Intl.) - 26.7 km / 16.6 mi
Port Angeles, WA (CLM-William R. Fairchild Intl.) - 44.2 km / 27.5 mi
Bedwell Harbour, BC (YBW-Bedwell Harbour Seaplane Base) - 63.3 km / 39.3 mi
Friday Harbor, WA (FBS-Friday Harbor Sea Plane Base) - 63.5 km / 39.5 mi
The preferred airport for The Fairmont Empress is Victoria, BC (YYJ-Victoria Intl.).
Hotel Room Information
Know Before You Go
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 12.00 and CAD 24.00 for adults, CAD 8.00 and CAD 12.00 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: CAD 25.00 per person (one-way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: CAD 15.00 (one-way), (from 3 to 17 years old)
- Self parking fee: CAD 32 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 32 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per accommodation, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Hotel Check In/Check Out Policy
Check In: 4:00 PM - Check Out: 11:00 AM
Hotel Check In Instructions
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The photos are representative of rooms offered and may differ from the actual room received. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Number of Rooms: 464
Number of Floors: 8